Bodmin Union Workhouse
 SX 074 673 100260

East Cornwall Hospital
 SX 072 672 100300

St Lawrence’s Hospital (Cornwall County Lunatic Asylum) SX 055 669 100359


Stratton and Bude UDC Isolation Hospital
 SS 240 064 100314

Stratton Hospital (Stratton Cottage Hospital) SS 228 064 100351


Falmouth and Truro Port Health Authority Hospital SW 782 333  100293


Camelford Union Workhouse SX 101 834  100301


Barncoose Hospital (Redruth Union Workhouse) SW 685 416  100357


Falmouth Hospital and Dispensary (Falmouth Hospital) SW 802 324  100302

Budock Hospital (Falmouth Union Workhouse) SW 788 333   100313

Falmouth and District Hospital (Falmouth Hospital) SW 796 329   100354

Royal Cornwall Sailors’ Home and Hospital SW 811 324   100292


Fowey Hospital
   SX 123 520   100296


St Michael’s Hospital
   SW 556 367   100294


Helston and District Hospital (Helston and District War Memorial Cottage Hospital)

SW 665 264 100303

Meneage Hospital (Helston Union Workhouse) SW 662 272  100356


Tehidy Sanatorium      SW 647 433 100311


Launceston Hospital    SX 328 837     100304

Launceston Infirmary and Rowe Dispensary (Rowe Dispensary) SX 328 844 100297

Launceston Union Workhouse           SX 335 838     100352


Lamellion Hospital (Liskeard Union Workhouse)      SX 247 640     100295

Passmore Edwards Hospital (Passmore Edwards Cottage Hospital; Liskeard Cottage Hospital)       SX 250 648  100305


Penzance Union Workhouse   SW 450 324    100306


Newquay and District Hospital           SW 836 613    100307


West Cornwall Hospital (West Cornwall Infirmary and Dispensary) SW 467 307  100355


Camborne and Redruth Hospital (West Cornwall Hospital for Convalescent Miners; West Cornwall Miners’ and Women’s Hospital) SW 692 417   BF100309. The Miners’ Hospital was built in 1863 as a six-bed convalescent home for miners, largely paid for by Lord Robartes. In 1871 Robartes added an accident wing. The convalescent side had spacious dining and sitting rooms and kitchen. Also the matron’s room was on this side. Instead of large wards there were rooms for one, four and five patients. The medical staff consisted of the surgeons of the various tin mines in the neighbourhood, each looking after their own patient. A completely separate West Cornwall Women’s Hospital was built on an adjacent site in 1899 to designs by Sampson Hill. The Miner’s and the Women’s hospitals were amalgamated in 1901. A new operating theatre designed by S. Hill was opened in 1907. A bungalow was built in 1925 to designs by Leonard Winn of Truro. In 1926 a maternity ward was added, although this could not be identified by survey staff in 1992. In 1937 both the women’s and men’s wards were enlarged. A plaque in the entrance hall commemorated this. The original miner’s hospital was a two-storey structure facing east. It was built of rubble with a granite plinth, quoins and first-floor sill band. The central three bays projected under a hipped slated roof. The entrance was on the north side. The accident wing on the north side formed a cross wing. A private ward wing was added to the east of the accident wing in 1937. It was of three storeys with rendered walls and a flat roof. A balcony was on the first and on the second floors on the south side with strap steel balustrade.

The Women’s Hospital of 1889 was a two-storey building in brown squared rubble. The central doorway was later blocked and had a lintel supported by two short grey columns of some cast material with yellow stone bases and volute capitals. Above was the inscription WOMENS HOSPITAL. In May 1899 a Children’s Jubilee Memorial Wing was opened. The wing formed a cross-wing on the south of the women’s hospital. It was of two storeys. A slab on the first floor level recorded that this was the JUBILEE WARD FOR CHILDREN. In 1926 the County Council apparently added a maternity ward which also could not be verified by the survey team in 1992. From 2002 the site was redeveloped as Gweal Pawl Urban village and the former hospital building was converted into flats.


St Columb Union Workhouse SW 916 637 100358


Edward Hain Hospital (Edward Hain Memorial Cottage Hospital)SW 518 399  100360


St Austell and District Hospital (St Austell Cottage Hospital) SX 004 525 100310


St Barnabas Hospital (St Barnabas Cottage Hospital and Convalescent Home) SX 427 586 100380


Royal Cornwall Hospital
   SW 823 446 100353

St Clement’s Hospital (Truro Union Workhouse) SW 838 456 100312